Greasy and salty pizza


Domino’s Pizza has opened a branch in Stavanger – located at Fiskepiren where tourist take the boat to go hiking to Preikestolen. As you have seen on the blog, I do like pizza, but it has been a while since I have been to Domino’s Pizza. I stopped by before heading off on a boat trip the other day and ordered a medium pizza from their extensive menu. They only have a few seats in the restaurant so I think the focus will be on delivering and takeaway. The place was just a few days old, so the place looked fresh and clean. The staff is still in a learning phase I guess as there was a bit of running around like headless chickens. There is a TV screen at the counter where you can keep an eye on the progress of your pizza which is a good function. I do however think that it would be good to get the names right as this seemed to cause quite a lot of confusion for people picking up pizzas.

 

I got my Pepperoni Passion and it looked pretty much like the pizza that you see on the menu and that is at least a good thing. My friend on the other hand did not get the pizza that he ordered but we didn’t have time to wait for a new pizza as we had a boat to catch. After traveling a lot to Italy and tasting what can be considered “authentic” Italian pizza here in Stavanger, it is almost an insult to call the Domino’s pizza a “pizza”. I guess there should be a different word for it as it is not really the same thing. My Pepperoni Passion was extremely greasy and very, very salty. If you need a quick and affordable meal, this is the place to go! You can get a medium pizza for 79 kroner (9 USD) which is a bargain in Norway.
 

I guess it does not make sense to review Domino’s pizza - they are the pizza fast food equivalent of Burger King. As you might have guessed already, I was not that impressed with Domino’s Pizza this time around. I hope that with this review, I can convince someone to check out other pizza places in town for a better experience. There is no doubt in my mind: if you want to have something that is close to an authentic Italian style pizza, I would strongly advise you to go to e.g. Renaa Xpress or Villa22 instead of going to Domino's.

Facts:
Location: Verksgata 12A – see Google map https://goo.gl/maps/j19hCiVxaBq
Price for the food on this visit: 79 kroner (about 9 USD)


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.