Lunch at Noodle Noodle

I have been to Noodle Noodle a few times but it is not my favorite place to eat in town. It is located in the shopping mall Magasin Blaaa which means that it closes quite early (at 8 PM) and you are seated while people are walking by to their next shopping mission.
Photo 12.03.2016, 12.03.29 Photo 12.03.2016, 12.21.19
We went there for lunch on a Saturday afternoon in March 2016 and instead of picking from the regular menu, we decided to order from the special of the day menu. Nikki had the kimchi ramen and I had beef short rib. It didn’t take that long to get the food and Nikki’s ramen was good. It was not too spicy, had just a hint of kimchi taste and was quite a large portion with good chunks of meat and there was even a soft boiled egg that was cooked to perfection and served as half an egg.
My dish was quite the colorful creation – the short rib seemed a bit dry when looking at it and the jalapeno puree had a yellowish color. I started with the puree and it was good in taste but it was served chilled which was a bit odd as the short rib was warm. But the puree was still good and not spicy as I thought it would be. The best part was the short rib that was amazingly tender, very juicy and great in taste.
Photo 12.03.2016, 12.03.33 Photo 12.03.2016, 12.17.29
The conclusion is that we had a great lunch at this place. But the atmosphere is not that great as you are in the middle of a mall – I was wearing my jacket during the meal as there was a cold breeze. I’m not sure this place deserves to be rated as one of the top restaurants in Stavanger given that it is not really a proper restaurant – but I can’t deny that they served us a good lunch when we were there. So be sure to check it out if you want a good lunch but go somewhere else if you want a restaurant experience.
Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com – trip reports and pictures
Photo 12.03.2016, 12.03.19

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.